it was full of shrimp, sausage, chicken and vegetables. very delicious! i wanted to eat more, but i needed to save room for dessert.
here's the recipe. i can't wait to try and make it at home.
1 onion chopped small
1 green pepper chopped small
2-3 celery stalks chopped small
1 pack (7 links) Italian sausage, cut bite-size
1 pound of chicken legs (drumstick)
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp vegetable oil (peanut oil)
2 tsp dried thyme
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 can of diced tomatoes (14oz)
1 pound of shrimp
2 cups of rice
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
1. Make roux: coat bottom of pot with oil.
2. Add 3 tbsp flour.
3. Brown until about peanut butter color. Constantly stir so it doesn’t burn.
4. After you have the right color, add chopped vegetables and sauté until slightly wilted.
5. In a separate pan brown sausages until fully cooked.
6. Add thyme, garlic
7. Add sausage to pot.
8. Add 6 cups of water.
9. Add chopped tomatoes.
10. Add chicken. Simmer until chicken is almost done.
11. Add rice. Simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes until rice is done.
12. Add red pepper flakes before rice is done.
13. Add shrimp five minutes before serving.