you can double the recipe to make enough for four people or nice leftovers.
150g sushi rice (short grain)
250g turkey mince (or ground beef)
6 thin or 3 fat spring onions, chopped
125g frozen petite pois (peas)
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
For the sauce:
2 tbsp gochujang
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Cook the rice as instructed in a rice cooker.
2. Put a kettle on to boil for the peas later.
3. Whisk together the sauce ingredients, and stir in minced turkey. Leave to steep for about 5 minutes.
4. Heat a wok or heavy-based frying pan. While this is heating up, pour boiling water from the kettle over the frozen peas in a sieve or colander, letting the hot water drain away, thereby defrosting the peas. When the wok/pan is hot, add the oil, then the spring onions. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the turkey mince and its sauce, and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until cooked.
6. Add the peas and heat for 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve over rice and with a good scattering of chopped coriander.